Shopify is one of the best and most popular international ecommerce platforms! Here are 5 things you need to know before you expand your store and start selling internationally!
With ecommerce solutions like Shopify, the ecommerce industry shows no signs of slowing down. As a matter of fact, it keeps growing. Shopify is a great choice to consider for a cross-border commerce. Shopify can help you handle the next big step of expanding your store. However, before you decide to sell internationally, there are a few things you need to consider:
- Multi-currency: Did you know that 65% of the online customers leave a website just because there were no different currencies? Can you think of a situation when you were browsing online and you found this perfect site only to find out that they had one currency? We perfectly understand your frustration and because of that, you need to find a way to retain your buyers with a multi-currency application that allow customers to shop in any currency they want. Allowing a customer to shop in their preferred currency creates a better customer experience.
- Forms of payment: Allowing different forms of payment is absolutely necessary. If you can’t offer different forms of payment at the moment, and you are only able to add one payment option, PayPal is definitely the best choice. PayPal is available in different countries and has a great reputation as a reliable and safe method of payment.
- Translations: Would you purchase something without being able to understand what the item is or read about it? If your customers can’t navigate through your site, they are going to feel lost and confused. You have two options – you can install a translation app like Langify or Yappn or create multiple multiple websites with different languages.
- Shipping: One of the biggest obstacles to selling internationally is the expensive shipping rates. If you are selling physical items, you will need an international shipping strategy. You can take advantage of ShipStation solution and compare international shipping rates across different carriers.
- International guidelines: Countries and regions around the world have specific regulations. Doing your research on which countries you choose to sell to will prevent any problems and angry purchasers who can’t receive their packages.
By keeping in mind these 5 important things, you will be on your way to successfully sell your items all over the world.